Who We Are
We are members of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS). Our teachings are solidly based in the Bible. Why is “Wisconsin” in our name if we are in Texas? Our synod has this name because it was formed in Wisconsin the 1850’s. Our membership in this Synod unites us with fellow believers all over the country and the world. It is a great comfort to know there are Christians all over the world that share in our faith, that we all know that God is our Savior from sin, death, and the devil. The term “Lutheran” came about when Martin Luther (16th century) saw the errors of the church and stood up for what the Scripture taught, shedding light on the errors the church had let in. We are proud to remember his work by using his name to identify ourselves. We do not put his works above the Bible, but they are valuable tools to study and think about. Some of his works include the Small Catechism of Martin Luther, the Augsburg Confession, and the Book of Concord.
Trinity was formed in 1969, as mission congregation of the WELS. During that time it has been served by seven pastors. In 1985 the congregation decided to open a Lutheran Elementary School, which served hundreds of students over the course of over twenty-five years. Our current location and campus on Hondo Pass has been our home since 1991.
El Paso is home to Fort Bliss, one of the nation’s largest military installations. Trinity stands ready to serve the men and women who serve, train, or work at or around Ft. Bliss, as well as their families.
Trinity is located in northeast El Paso one half mile west of Highway 54 at 3800 Hondo Pass.